Friday, June 11, 2010

The Eve of Departure


Packing a motorcycle for an extended tour has elements of the Arts and the Sciences. Being veteran tourers we first lay everything we need out in a disorganised, haphazard fashion and contemplate the array in awe with thoughts of "we are never going to find room for all of this". Because our first stop will be in Calgary to visit Norma's new granddaughter and 3 year old grandson our motorcycle must also carry some stuffed animals (PINK stuffed animals) and of course a toy for the grandson. When I first started touring in the '70s on my old BMW's I wore a black leather jacket. I was tough. Now I carry pink stuffed animals. . .


At any rate we are both looking forward to our planned tour and hope to leave in sunshine tomorrow morning (the weatherman promised).

No comments:

Post a Comment